Monday, December 21, 2009

I have free time

I have some free time or should I say much needed vatation time. I will not go back to my day job until next year. This is where you CHEER!!! I need to have a board done in a little over a month. This is completely possible but my ADD kicks in and I start making short videos, web pages for my 10 other product lines or, just start watcing movie marathons, last night it was the Matrix.

What do I need for a Board?

1 - 50" Styrene Blank
A gallon Set of Resin Research and Hardner
Lots of Sand Paper
A trip to Tap Plastics for all the consumables - Plastic resin buckets, stirring sticks, Gloves, Tyvex Suit ( So HOT), and Rolls of plastic.
Polishing Compound
High end Car Polish for the final Coat

I won't get into the entire list as i already have taken my kids college fund to pay for all of the other items needed like a gas mask, files, tape, Airbrush, Ink, more tape, bristle brushes, foam brushes, more tape - the blue stuff and more sandpaper.

I should really start to shape the board this week. I have the blanks come to me about 90% shapped by one of my suppliers. The front and back rocker ( Rocker is the term for the curvature of the board from nose to tail, looking at the board’s edge. There are three primary areas of rocker: nose, middle and tail. ) are already hot wired in based on my original design. I complete the final rail and tail shaping by hand with sandpaper, and sanding blocks. Aside from the artwork stage this is one of the funnest parts of making the board. This is where you can really see your board take shape.

My boards are epoxy resin boards which are very Earth friendly and emit low, if not any at all, VOCs. I will keep you updated as I start the board this week and will post pics as I progress with this board. Stay tuned....

Thanks for reading.

Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment