Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I found my next project?


I found my next project.  See the table on the left.  This is exactly what I need when I am glassing a board.  I have been spending hours draping plastic wrap all around my shop floor only to have some run out through the seams and permanently bond it self to the floor.  I spend my next weekend with a grinder, a hammer and chisel removing the hardened resin from the floor.  This is the aftermath that I don't like about making my boards, but that has all been solved by this handy contraption you see here. I know it doesn't look like much to your but when I found this on the Web that light bulb burst over my head.  Then of course came the "Why didn't I think of that".  Regardless, I will have to start on this right away.  My shop isn't that big so I will have to modify and come up with my own version like something with a hinge in the middle so I can fold for storage. No more grinding the floor!!!!  Now it's off to Urban Ore in Berkeley for some used lumber and casters from the hundreds they have sitting around. If you would like to help build it feel free to stop by.......

No comments:

Post a Comment